AVA SCHOLARS PROGRAM
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE MARCH 31, 2021
The Academy on Violence and Abuse (AVA) Website Designer Scholar Project seeks individuals who have the capacity and skills to help design an innovative AVA website. The project is to raise awareness and promote changes in the way issues of violence and abuse are addressed in health professional education and its academic communities, ultimately reframing the limited view of violence and abuse that establishes them as critical health care issues.
The AVA Scholar projects’ objective is to provide a graduate student the opportunity to enhance or creatively design the Academy on Violence website. The project will be completed in one year.
The AVA seeks individuals who are:
• Actively pursuing a degree in web design or computer science;
• Have the capacity and skills to design an innovative website.
• Have some interest in the prevention of violence and abuse.
• International students may be accepted if they are physically located within the US for the projects’ 1-year duration.
AVA Website Designer Scholar Support Includes:
• A stipend of $500.
• Travel-related expenses (if not virtual) to attend the 2022 AVA Global Health Summit.
• Recognized as the inaugural AVA Website Scholar.
Prospective candidates submit applications via email. Applicants will attach a short CV, a recommendation letter from a professor (current or former), and a recommendation letter from their academic advisor.